Uninstalling unwanted programmes

duts 11:39 11 Sep 2004

I had some trial anti virus software installed on my pc which expired a long time ago, but i cannot uninstall it. I have tried 'add & remove programmes' but this says 'cannot delete programme because it may be currently in use'. I have also tried using uninstaller software & tried uninstalling in 'safe mode' but nothing works.Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 11 Sep 2004

1 Clean the registry

Registry cleaner :-
Regseeker click here
TweakNow RegCleaner 1.3.2 click here
Easycleaner click here ( Use with care, It advises you to back up the registry first, this is a good idea as it cleans rather aggressively. )

2. Remove Software

Software removal :-
Smart uninstaller click here
MyUninstaller click here

rawprawn 12:09 11 Sep 2004

Try Delete Doctor click here

duts 12:37 11 Sep 2004

tried all the above, problem is it dosn't list the software in the uninstall windows of the various applications

topspur 13:17 11 Sep 2004

duts

I've had the same problem as you and i still haven't managd to sort the problem out. I have uninstalled a few of the files but there are still around 4 that i can't. Everytime i try the 'unable to delete as program in use'. I since installed Mcafee Internet Security but then i've had problems logging onto the internet. I have been told that the problem may lie with Mcafees Firewall. But i think the only thing left for me to do is to Reformat the computer.
I hope you manage to sort yours out.

topspur 13:18 11 Sep 2004

duts

I've had the same problem as you and i still haven't managd to sort the problem out. I have uninstalled a few of the files but there are still around 4 that i can't. Everytime i try the 'unable to delete as program in use'. I since installed Mcafee Internet Security but then i've had problems logging onto the internet. I have been told that the problem may lie with Mcafees Firewall. But i think the only thing left for me to do is to Reformat the computer.

topspur 13:18 11 Sep 2004

duts

ensonricky 14:16 11 Sep 2004

Try the website of the company that produce the trial Anti-Virus you were using. The often include removal tools for their software.

Stuartli 15:27 11 Sep 2004

The particular program may have had its own uninstaller - usually listed in its Programs shortcut menu.

duts 12:12 12 Sep 2004

Still no joy people, thanx anyway

quack 12:26 12 Sep 2004

Try the 'Search' function on your system to locate the files and highlight and delete them from there, alternatively make a note of where they are situated and remove them by accessing the location and deleting them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017