uninstalling programs

CiderBob 20:08 08 Jun 2003

I got a lot of junk on my system and I want to get rid of it. Can I go into start/programs and click on the program to get rid of it? I got programs with no uninstaller and they are not in the add/remove program folder.

Thanx

OneSirKnight 20:20 08 Jun 2003

What O/S are you using?

any 22:34 08 Jun 2003

Hi

I'm also want ing to get rid of some programmes that don't appear to have uninstallers & do not show up in add/remove problems.

I am running XP

VoG™ 22:49 08 Jun 2003

Deleting items from the Start menu just deletes their shortcuts and does not remove the programs themselves.

You can go into Windows Explorer, usually somewhere in C:\Program Files, and delete the folder. BUT beware; if the program is scheduled to load up at startup, or there are certain registry entries, you will then see error messages.

Unless you are desperately short of disk space it is probably as well to leave them alone.

smegs 22:52 08 Jun 2003

U both could try looking in Regedit, but before U start to delete anything in there, make sure U delete the right programs. Don't just delete any old thing. Go to the start button, click on RUN, then type in REGEDIT. AGAIN, MAKE SURE U KNOW WHAT UR DELETEING!!!!!

CiderBob 21:32 10 Jun 2003

I got 98se with 6gighd I am using 5 gig and have been getting problems when I burn cdrs.
I got shitloads of crap in my programms with no uninstall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone