Uninstalling Programme

mark3986 01:20 27 Oct 2010

Hi im trying to uninstall Remote Desktop Control 1.9 off my desktop computer.but when i go to uninstall it half way through i get a message saying a certain file isnt there and then it rolls back.And when I try reinstalling it it says unable to locate a certain file can anybody help on this Ive also tried force uninstalling it which says it uninstalls but when i try reinstalling it i get the same message as before thanks

kristain 05:11 27 Oct 2010

Try this:
1: Look in the start menu, in the folder there might be an un-install program shortcut. If Not...
2: If there's a desktop icon, click it and click properties and then select "Find Target" look look for an installshield or wise solutions installation icon. Run it, you should be given the option to remove it, if not...
3: Go to start, Run then type regedit32 then navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall find the program from list. If you want try doing a full registry search for terms that relate to your program, and delete them, don't forget, backup your registry. Then do a file find and and delete any files, but do this only if you want it completely out of your

eedcam 05:38 27 Oct 2010

if no joy with that try revo uninstaller use the free version
click here

siliconsolutions 09:49 27 Oct 2010

Using a powerful uninstall tool such as tweak now power pack can provide a solution to this problem.
click here

siliconsolutions 09:49 27 Oct 2010

Using a powerful uninstall tool such as tweak now power pack can provide a solution to this problem.

mark3986 17:18 27 Oct 2010

tried revo with no luck but will try wot kristain says and write back cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone