Uninstalling printer drivers...?

[email protected] 21:45 26 Jan 2007

I uninstalled my lexmark printer software to get a driver update off printer website - installed this, but it didn't work. No options for printing etc. Now the original printer installation CD (came with printer) does not load - keeps quiting.

How can I delete any lexmark files on the PC/registry etc, and start afresh with the original CD?

Andy

Technotiger 21:47 26 Jan 2007

How about a System Restore back to before you made any changes.

woodchip 21:49 26 Jan 2007

First Remove from Add Remove in Control Panel, Next go to start\settings\printers right click on the printer and delete

[email protected] 21:50 26 Jan 2007

System restore is Norton software isn't it? Haven't got it anyway...

Will it do much good to simply delete the folder that was installed by the online driver package?

Andy

Technotiger 21:52 26 Jan 2007

System Restore is part of XP - I assumed you were using XP.

[email protected] 21:52 26 Jan 2007

woodchip - can't now see, unlike previously, anything to do with the software in add/remove...can I just delete printer...?

Andy

[email protected] 21:55 26 Jan 2007

Thanks. I've found it...I can restore to early today. I this straight forward - any likely probs?

Andy

Technotiger 21:56 26 Jan 2007

Yes, you can delete Printer. I would then do a Search for anything Lexmark, and delete anything found.

Technotiger 21:56 26 Jan 2007

Good do the Restore, choose any BOLD date.

Technotiger 21:57 26 Jan 2007

PS - no likely problems.

[email protected] 22:13 26 Jan 2007

Thanks. System restored, no probs. A useful facility :-))

While I'm here, any idea why an unedited original 2Mb jpg file in Google Picasa, should spool to the printer as a ~30Mb file. I sent 6 to the printer earlier ~190MB! No wonder it didn't print.

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?