Uninstalling P.C.Tools ?

Furkin 18:10 23 Feb 2009

My neighbour is having a problem with his laptop. He uses Vista & BT B.Band.

Problem 1/ Every time he turns on the machine he gets a pop up that’s been worrying him. When I went to have a look - it’s the P.C.Tools Tray App that seems to be playing up. The message says “unable to locate rtl100”.

As I know nothing about either Vista or the program, he asked me to remove it.

Problem 2/ We can’t seem to uninstall it !
We go to C.Panel and (if I remember right) Programs & Features (!) which houses the Add/Delete programs bit.
When we click on Uninstall he gets the message “User Account Control – Needs permission. If YOU started this, click Continue”
We click Continue.
We get error file: c\programs\spyware doctor\unins000.msg is missing”.
We get the button “O.K” so we press it,,,, but nothing happens.

He seems to have a problem with P.C.Tools, but we can’t Uninstall it.

Any ideas please ?

MAT ALAN 18:13 23 Feb 2009

click here

disable UAC then try again...

Furkin 10:21 25 Feb 2009

Many thanks Mat,
A great comprehensive site there,,,,, have sent him the details,,,, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Actually - I think his machine needs a good sort out as there seems to be a couple of 'niggles' in it.

He is in West Cornwall - me 'ansome - & tis difficult to find a competant - recommended - person to sort it out for him (as well as my own infrequent niggles)- so if anyone is known this far west, i'd be pleased to learn of them.

cheers

ambra4 11:34 25 Feb 2009

Revo Uninstaller

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

MAT ALAN 16:52 25 Feb 2009

He is in West Cornwall..

I was born in Newquay... i am sure he will find somebody thats not too bust Pasty crimping..LOL

Furkin 10:26 26 Feb 2009

AMBRA: Thanks for that. Again, I passed it on to my neighbour, who has decided to send the unit away for a 'spring clean'.

MAT: Newquay eh ? Were you around when the 'old' Vic Bar was running ? I've been in St Ives for 39 years,,,, we used to go to Newquay for 'special occasions' !

I still rate it as some of the best beaches in the world,,,, tho' i'm too old for the night-life now !?!?

Thanks again both - will tick this off as a result.

all the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?