Uninstalling partly installed program

sky121 11:15 25 Mar 2010

What’s the best way to safely uninstall a program that has only been partly installed on the pc (old version of Nero)? The only place where I see it is on ‘Program Files’ on C:drive. Can an uninstaller software do that? Which one?
What’s the risk of deleting a folder of this program from ‘Program Files’? Can it slow down the machine? Thanks.

Technotiger 11:20 25 Mar 2010

Try with click here

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

birdface 11:21 25 Mar 2010

You have already got a thread opened with the same subject maybe close one of them as it only leeds to confusion.

birdface 11:23 25 Mar 2010

Other thread.

click here

Technotiger 11:28 25 Mar 2010

Hi, thanks for the wake-up, I didn't notice, nor did I remember I already mentioned Revo in the earlier thread.

DOHHHHHH!

ame 12:35 25 Mar 2010

Will Revo list it for uninstallation if it is not appearing on the Add/Remove Programs list? Suspect not. If not, best to reinstall Nero (an updated version if possible)and then uninstall. You may get help at the Nero website if this isn't possible click here if you need to manually delete registry items, etc. If all else fails, you can delete the Nero Program Files folder, shortcuts, etc and leave the other remnants without major harm.

sky121 12:38 25 Mar 2010

Technotiger,
Hi, thanks for your reply. When you say that I will be given the option to Delete All and Delete, obviously I will be able to choose WHICH programme I am uninstalling (you said All, sounded a bit frightening!!).Also why do you say not to restart the computer? By the way, have you used Revo before? I haven't, I'm wondering if it is user friendly! :-) thanks.

sky121 13:18 25 Mar 2010

Thanks Ame, makes sense. Will try that :-)

Technotiger 13:23 25 Mar 2010

I use Revo for all my un-install's.

The directions I gave are for, After you have highlighted the rogue program and clicked on the Uninstall icon within Revo's menu, across the top of its window! If the program does not appear in the list of programs within Revo (give the list a minute or so to complete - this list appears exactly as in Windows own Add/Remove program i.e. shows all the programs icons, where you highlight the respective Icon and then click on Remove - in Revo you click on the Uninstall icon as already said.) you should then click on Search to see if it then shows up - failing that, then you could try to reinstall Nero and then go with Revo as above again, to uninstall Nero.

Read this slowly, and it might make sense!

Technotiger 13:56 25 Mar 2010

Hi, thanks for clearing that point up for sky121.

I never ever 'fiddle' with Revo's found left-overs, I do exactly as stated in my Instructions to everyone else, I have never had problems and have used Revo very many times.

sky121 14:44 25 Mar 2010

Thanks for all the tips, guys, will try all that! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone