Uninstalling Norton Internet Security.

nam_rahs 12:07 03 Jul 2008

I have Norton Int Security on my PC which expires in a few days time. I have already purchased Norton 360 V2.0 as a replacement. I have been advised that I must uninstall NIT before installing N360 and a have already downloaded the Norton removal Tool. However, on Donna's Security Flash webpage states that there is a problem with this with Vista systems, and could corrupt certain files. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks.

splatter 12:09 03 Jul 2008

Try the norton removal tool: click here

nam_rahs 15:46 03 Jul 2008

splatter.

This is the version that I have already downloaded but haven't yet tried. My present Norton has a few more to run. I'll try it then. Thanks.

RobCharles1981 15:48 03 Jul 2008

nam_rahs

Why did you waste your money buying Norton 360 for? Didn't you consider the freebie route?

Pineman100 18:44 03 Jul 2008

About an hour ago I used the Norton Removal tool (click here) to uninstall Norton 360 from my wife's Vista laptop.

I had to run a little tool called buDump first, but I think this only applies to Norton 360, not other products. I then ran the Norton removal tool.

I had no problems.

If you're worried, it might be an idea to create a Restore Point before you start, just in case.

nam_rahs 19:30 03 Jul 2008

Pineman100
Thanks, sounds pretty good advice to me, as I have already stated I have downloaded the Norton removal tool, so thats the route I will take.

RobTheOrganGuru
Why did I waste money and not consider freebies?Well I know that Norton is a reliable system, also I have a second PC on which I have installed AVG so maybe next year!
Thanks to you all for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?