uninstalling free superantispyware

pookie 12:51 29 Oct 2007

Hi

I just can not uninstall it. There is no uninstall within the program itself. Add/remove programs doesn't work and just deleting the folder from Program Files doesn't work. It says that access is denied. Booting as administartor or in safe mode won't work either. I have looked on the company website but can't find a relevant thread that works.

Any ideas?

Cheers

P

Stuartli 13:06 29 Oct 2007

Do you have/use the Administrative rights to Delete the program from Add/Remove Programs?

Another way might be to use CCleaner, which has its own version of Add/Remove Programs.

However I'm surprised you want to uninstall it...:-)

pookie 13:54 29 Oct 2007

many thanks

CCleaner doesn't list it to remove in the uninstall tab.

I only wish to remove it as i use zonealarm internet security suite v7 which has anti spyware and I also use the new free ad adaware. Using superantispyware as well seemed too much as well - or do you think superantispyware is better than ad aware??

cheers

dogbreath1 13:58 29 Oct 2007

I've read elsewhere that installing the pro version (presumably on a trial basis) followed by an immediate uninstall can solve this problem.

Hope that helps.

DieSse 14:32 29 Oct 2007

IMHO you should keep it - it seems quite good, and it doesn't hurt (in fact it's quite a good idea) to have more than one anti-spyware package.

dogbreath1 15:20 29 Oct 2007

I agree about keeping it. I have it and run it occasionally as an ad-hoc scanner.

But, should pookie still want to ditch it, installing the pro version followed by uninstalling it has worked for others.

pookie 16:26 29 Oct 2007

i have installed pro and uninstalled and that has removed free as well - cheers guys

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?