Uninstalling DriveSentry

Shamrock Holmes 12:58 22 Mar 2010

Picked up an old Vista Basic base unit a few months ago which I intend to 'practice' upgrading on at some point (had hoped to do it this year, but money was too tight). It's got a copy to DriveSentry 3.4.0.20 installed on it, which is now reporting that it's out-of-date. As I don't want to keep it, and it's conflicting with my prefered AVG Free package, I would like to remove it. However, attempting to remove it via DriveSentry's Uninstall command or the same command under 'Control Panel . Programs and Features' brings up the same error message:

C:\PROGRA~2\TARMA~1\{8EBAE~1\Setup.dat: Load error 11

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

The Window is label "DriveSentry" in top left.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

birdface 14:24 22 Mar 2010

Maybe download and run the free version of Revo uninstaller and see if that shifts it.

If it is in add remove it should.

click here

rawprawn 15:11 22 Mar 2010

You may have to re install it before you can uninstall it properly.If not look at deleting it in DOS
click here

northumbria61 15:26 22 Mar 2010

Just because Windows has the Add/Remove Programs feature it doesn't mean your application will appear in the list. Furthermore, even if it does appear, it's no guarantee that the uninstall feature will work. When you run across one of these situations the items listed below will help in getting rid of the application. Be aware that these steps may not remove everything associated with the application and can impact other applications on the computer. Have a backup or restore point and use caution.

Find the directory for the application and delete all the files in the directory. Delete the directory.

1. Open REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and find the folder for the application. Delete the folder.

2. Open REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE and find the folder for the application. Delete the folder.

rawprawn 17:15 22 Mar 2010

If you are going to use regedit, backup the registry first.
Open rededit File > Export and save the file to a place you will know

Shamrock Holmes 19:32 22 Mar 2010

Decided to try the RevoUninstaller as I didn't fancy manually editing the Registry. The Free version didn't shift it, but a Forced Uninstall by the demo version of Revo Pro did.

Thanks for the help,

Shamrock Holmes

rawprawn 19:34 22 Mar 2010

Thanks for the feed back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017