Uninstalled programs still listed

Addie 19:13 01 Sep 2007

I used the Add/Remove Programs to uninstall several programs and they were and are, no longer showing in the Control Panel listing. I obviously thought they had been successfully removed.
Whilst trying to find something else on my PC, using Start, right-click Explore etc, I found these same programs still listed. Can I just delete them again from this list and will they be gone for good then? And do you know why they are still listed at all if theoretically they are already uninstalled?

VoG II 19:23 01 Sep 2007
  Addie 19:27 01 Sep 2007

I am probably being dense here. It's the end of a long day...are these programs really still on the PC or not?

Totally-braindead 19:31 01 Sep 2007

If you check the files in the Start, All Programs you will probably find the programs are gone and what is left behind is the leftovers, such as the main title of the program, the programs themselves should be gone but the headings may still be there.
I use Ccleaner as one of the things it can do is remove these leftovers.

Addie 19:34 01 Sep 2007

Cheers.

Addie 19:52 01 Sep 2007

By the way, I found that there was much more than headings listed! One had program had 13.192 KB and another 4KB so they hadn't uninstalled at all for some reason. Not in the Add/Remove Progs., just still there.

Totally-braindead 22:17 01 Sep 2007

Yes but do you don't realise what 4k and 13k is in size.

That is probably just a file and a title.

Its not a program. A program even a simple one is much larger than that.

They had uninstalled and left a heading. 13k is not a program.

If you don't believe me try this.

Open Word. Create a file that says hello and save it. The size of that file which only contains one single word is 24k.

See what I mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?