Uninstall Word 2007 trial and replace

JF25 16:53 13 Dec 2007

I wish to uninstall the trial version of Word 2007 which was installed in my laptop whe I bought it and replace it with Word 2007 Home and Student Edition.
I thought that this would have been a simple thing to do but I have been told by my computer supplier that it is a 2 hour job.
Is this correct and would it be a problem for an inexperienced computer user to do?
Any advice would be appreciated
JF25

Graham. 17:31 13 Dec 2007

Word is a large program, but it shouldn't take 2 hours to install, 30-40 minutes I would think.

click here

JF25 11:00 14 Dec 2007

Thanks Graham
Is it necessary to remove the trial programme?
I went to add&remove programmes in Control Panel but the Word trial does not seem to be there. Is it automatically deleted after the trial period? There are a number of microsoft things on the list but very little concerning 2007.
The current trial has Publisher, powerpoint and everything else but these do not appear on the programmes list in the Control Panel add and remove list.
Could you be of further help?
Thanks
JF25

johnem 13:57 14 Dec 2007

It could be listed as Microsoft Office in the add/remove program file. You might be lucky that it will uninstall without problems from the add/remove area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?