Uninstall Windows Media Player

littlestar 09:09 07 Oct 2008

All of a sudden I am unable to watch Live TV Streaming, Do you think if i Reinstall Windows Media Player this may solve the problem ??

I have been told to Reinstall XP may solve the problem but I don't really want to do that if i can help it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Halmer 09:13 07 Oct 2008

l yet.

Just reinstall WMP as you have suggested.Nothing to lose.

What browser do you use?

birdface 09:14 07 Oct 2008

Download VLC and use that.click here

birdface 09:19 07 Oct 2008

Live TV streaming.Is that anything to do with Windows Media.I do not have Windows Media installed and I can watch live TV streaming from different programs.Mind you maybe that is why I do not get a great picture.

littlestar 09:26 07 Oct 2008

I use IE, What's happened is my wife for the last 2 years has been watching Live TV on the web from Thailand with a website called Thaitv.com, but all of a sudden it no longer comes on, i contacted Thaitv Support and they suggested reinstalling XP, They even suggested typing regsvr32 wmp.dll in RUN, but nothing has worked, The wife is giving me earache to try and fix this, any help would ease my pain in the rear lol

JanetO 09:31 07 Oct 2008

A repair install is one way reinstalling xp over itself without loss of data, but you'll have to redo all updates. click here

birdface 09:53 07 Oct 2008

Why not uninstall it from your computer run C Cleaner and then reinstall it.Just wondering if it could be a firewall or ISP problem.Is this the one.click here Reinstalling XP because you cannot get one program is a bit extreme.Have you downloaded any new security programs lately.Or as a last resort maybe a system restore to a time when it was working.

littlestar 10:03 07 Oct 2008

I have tried System Restore, and Run Ccleaner, I can play youtube stuff and BBCi player, but cannot watch eg: CNN Live and free-thaitv as buteman suggested. I am using Virgin's 20mb which is working perfect and I have tried watching with the firewall turned off but still no joy...

birdface 10:12 07 Oct 2008

With Virgin myself and cannot get into it. But I did get a pop-up from Microsoft wanting me to download Windows Media Player 6.4.So not sure if that is my problem.If you have the Telephone in with your bundle you could always phone them on 150 and find out if it is Virgin that are blocking it.

birdface 10:16 07 Oct 2008

Maybe someone else that is with Virgin with Windows media player installed could try it out for you to see if it works Ok with them.

littlestar 10:21 07 Oct 2008

Thanks buteman, If i uninstall Windows Media Player, Will i be able to download it from Windows update page ??

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires