Uninstall ULead Video Studio

rawprawn 11:57 25 Nov 2006

I loaded ULead on my computer some time ago from a freebie CD that came with a sound card.It seems impossible to remove it. It appears in Add or Remove programs and goes through all the motions when I hit uninstall but is still there, each time I try to uninstall it reeks havoc on my computer, and I have to use system restore. I have googled and found a mannual method but I can't get that to work either. Anyone know the answer to this problem. I have also tried in Safe Mode.

rawprawn 13:00 25 Nov 2006

The above also applies to this program, which was part of the installation

vinnyT 15:11 25 Nov 2006

The normal thing to try in this situation is to install the prog again, in the same location, reboot, then immediatly uninstall the prog.

Hope this helps.

rawprawn 15:25 25 Nov 2006

Thanks, I had forgotten what I often suggest. I will give it a try later when I have time to restore everything if it goes belly up again

vinnyT 16:03 25 Nov 2006

Welcome, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

rawprawn 18:29 25 Nov 2006

Thanks for that, it has cured the ULead Video Studio problem, but I thought that ULead Photo Express 4.0 SE was part of that CD but it doesn't seem so.
For the life in me I can't find the original disc to reinstall and try and solve that problem. It is so old I'm sure it must be a freebie but I can't find it. Any ideas.
Thanks anyway for reminding me of a basic principle.

rawprawn 08:56 27 Nov 2006

Not resolved, but obviously no further ideas

vinnyT 11:28 28 Nov 2006

Sorry rawprawn been doing other things.

Had a look through my collection, and found that Ulead Photo Express 4.0 digital studio edition (SE) is on pc advisor cover disk 122.

I still have this, if you want it use the envelope thingy to let me know your address and I'll send it in the post.

rawprawn 16:42 29 Nov 2006

Thank you for the offer, I have sent you a PM.

rawprawn 16:58 29 Nov 2006

PS. don't laugh at the address. it's purely accidental I can assure you, but I get terrific service in hotels!!

vinnyT 12:30 30 Nov 2006

rawprawn, recieved your email, will send on friday morning.

I think it needs a reg code to be activated, unfortunately I can't it, so I prob didn't reg it in the first place. As you are just going to be using it to (hopefully) uninstall, I don't think that this will be a prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone