Uninstall and reinstall IE6

iqs 09:23 04 May 2008

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me the best way to uninstall and reinstall IE6 please.Many thanks

Gongoozler 09:30 04 May 2008

I don't think you can completely uninstall IE because it's an integral part of Windows. I suggest that you simply install and use Firefox which is much better than IE anyway click here. If you simply want to repair IE, this is the word from Microsoft click here

rawprawn 09:38 04 May 2008

Go to add/remove programs under the control panel. then under there click add/remove components. Then select ie6 to remove it. Now you wil need to click add but you will need the windows disk or go to click here... and get the file and run it after you delete the old one. Note, you will need to download this file from another computer with internet access

rawprawn 09:46 04 May 2008

click here for download Sorry about the first link.

birdface 10:01 04 May 2008

Add remove.IE6 remove.It should come up with a box giving you the option of repairing it.Just press repair.Now it's a long time since I had IE6 but I am sure that is the way that I used to do it.

iqs 20:00 04 May 2008

all and thanks for the advice.I did as many of you suggested,but still I am having probs with IE6,so I have now made Firefox my default browser.
Once again many thanks for helping.Cheers

woodchip 20:16 04 May 2008

You could try looking for IE.inf double click it if you find it with search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?