Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review
My computer crashed with a Blue Screen saying -
'A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER'
'IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP SCREEN ERROR........', etc. re graphics error.
I have read the entry that Fruit Bat /\0/\ made re this problem, i.e. 'you need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your graphics card.' at
This is very similar to my error, but unfortunately every time I reboot I just get a curser in the top left hand corner of a black screen, and neither keyboard or mouse works.
I have now put this hard drive on my other computer as a slave and wondered if there was a way of repairing or deleting the drivers/files and how I can reboot the new system to reinstall them?
Keep tapping F8 at boot up and select safe mode.
In safe mode unistall the drivers one at a time starting with the graphics drivers and attempt to boot normaly after each removal.
If you cannot get into safe mode then you need to do a repair using an XP CD.
Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
Cheers, Fruit Bat /\0/\, I thought you could only do a repair using the Recovery Console but I could never get it to work. Thank you.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.