uninstall problems

rupie 20:37 25 Jan 2006

I had a program which became corrupted and so I uninstalled it, rebooted it and reinstalled it. The same corruption was there, and some of the settings were evidently from the old program. I know that when you uninstall programs sometimes not everything is removed.How do I uninstall a program so that absolutly every trace of it has gone, so a completly clean, install can be done ??

VoG II 20:38 25 Jan 2006

Which program?

VNAM75 20:46 25 Jan 2006

Have you tried ccleaner. It is free, simple to use and works brilliant.

VoG II 20:49 25 Jan 2006

Only use click here if you really know what you are doing.

eqskey 20:55 25 Jan 2006

Or edit out the enties using Regedit LOL LOL
but this makes many run for cover!

rupie 22:33 25 Jan 2006

I am using video editing programs and when I open some programs I get errors like the following "Econvert Error at 00008ECA;'1.2' is not a valid integral interger value
It is still in the system because I tried it on another pc and get the same errors. Why when I take something off my computer can it not just be gone ??

keith-236785 01:11 26 Jan 2006

sometimes, files that are saved, are saved into the installed folder, the uninstaller will not delete the folder, once uninstall is finished, it should say if some files were not removed and may be removed manually, take a note of the folder names and delete them yourself. then try again after a reboot to install the program.

hope that helps

happy dragon 08:11 26 Jan 2006

try this uninstaller its free for 21 days its very good click here

eqskey 12:23 26 Jan 2006

Rupie have a read of this post relating to using Regedit~click here

palinka 15:35 26 Jan 2006

go to start>search>all files & folders. Type in the name of the program. Click "search now". Delete all it finds - but use a little commonsense as well; because if the program is called, let's say, "School Days" then all files called School and those called Days will appear, as well as the ones called Schooldays. But it's ususally clear enough which are the ones you need to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?