uninstall problem

geedad 13:05 22 Jun 2007

I have MS Office 97 Pro installed, and I need to uninstall it, then re-install.
However, it won't uninstall, even though I follow the instructions on screen. I am first asked to insert the MS CD, but it doesn't respond to that. It just asks me to insert the CD, which I do, but to no avail.
Any ideas,forum members?
geedad

MichelleC 13:22 22 Jun 2007

See if you can clean uninstall with CCleaner click here

recap 13:43 22 Jun 2007

Try uninstalling the program in Safe Mode.

geedad 13:54 22 Jun 2007

MichelleC
recap
Thank you, both.
I have used ccleaner, which I think is great, but did not clean uninstall.
Will try Safe Mode.
Thanks again
geedad

Diversion 14:06 22 Jun 2007

I think you've got to uninstall via the Add & Remove Programs and have the small box at the top Show Updates ticked, then uninstall or roll back the update. Then as MichelleC says use CCleaner to clean things up.

geedad 14:27 22 Jun 2007

Diversion
Ever done something then regretted it?
Between the forum members' responses, I used an uninstaller, "MYUNINSTALLER", but in my anxiety to solve the problem, clicked on 'Delete' instead of 'Uninstall', with the consequence that I now CANNOT SEE see the program I want to uninstall in 'Remove or Add' !!!!!!!!!!!
They still exist in Program Files, but there is no 'Uninstall' displayed. So, it's going from bad to worse!
I am now doing a 'Restore to an earlier state' to see what shows up!
geedad

mymate 14:34 22 Jun 2007

click here
You can use this for a month free.

brundle 14:40 22 Jun 2007

There is a way to see which packages are installed with MSI and remove them manually, even if they are not showing in Add/Remove. If you have no luck I can
explain further.

VoG II 14:41 22 Jun 2007

You could use click here to make it appear that Office 97 is not installed, then try installing.

geedad 08:43 24 Jun 2007

To all Forum members who have responded to "uninstall problem".
I have not yet uninstalled 'MS Office 97 pro'.
Just to let you all know that the uninstallers that you proposed, STILL DID NOT SHOW 'MS Office 97 Pro', and therefore I could not pinpoint it to uninstall. I have not yet tried Safe Mode, and nor have I tried Windows Installer Cleanup utility. It was interesting to note that my original 'MS Office 97 Pro' CD would not auto-start (which it used to), so I was glad that I could not uninstall the program!!
The CD shows the many files that are in 'MS Office 97 Pro', and I tried to install by using 'Run' and typing in 'set-up', but that didn't work - something about the original directory?
I want to try to re-install because I believe that there is an option on the disk to 'repair' or something like that, without having to uninstall and then re-install.
So, if I can get the CD to run as it was intended, I might find a solution to the problem with MS WORD!!
Thank you all for your wonderful support.
geedad

geedad 15:09 24 Jun 2007

All Forum members who responded to my Title subject.
The problem seems to be solved!
I used a PC cleaner ( invalid bits etc.. ) and I was surprised how many invalid entries it found!
So I do not now need to uninstall MS Word, and my PC is now running beautifully!!!!
Thank you all again!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires