Uninstall Norton/Symantec Protection Centre

TomG 20:39 22 Dec 2006

Hi

Just uninstalled NAV 2006 but th eProtection centre has been left installed - I've emailed symantec to see if they have any ideas as to how to get rid of it but apart from a vague email asking me what operating system i'm using I've heard no more.

Any suggestions how i uninstall the protection centre?

anskyber 20:49 22 Dec 2006

Try this click here

thms 20:55 22 Dec 2006

You may have to go to services and turn of anything related to symantec then uninstall.

silliw 21:05 22 Dec 2006

Symantec have Norton removal toolon their support page somewhere. I had to remove Norton Antivirus from a machine and the only thing that would completely remove all traces of it was their own removal tool.

TomG 11:20 23 Dec 2006

Hi

Thanks - I have a couple of other norton products that i don't want to uninstall (been there done that etc) I've used msconfig but cannot find a startup for it - If I could find the service i would disable it

thms 13:20 23 Dec 2006

If your running xp go to control panel/administrative tools/services. You can disable symantec in there.

TomG 15:44 23 Dec 2006

true but which symantec service? I have 2 other symantec products i want to keep

thms 10:21 24 Dec 2006

I would think it would come under protection centre.
Or you could turn them off one at a time to see which one it is. You can always turn them back on again.

TomG 19:22 02 Jan 2007

Hi
Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts? The suggested service is set at stopped, there has been no replies from Symantec despite reminders.

Strawballs 19:45 02 Jan 2007

Would it not be easier to remove the lot then re-install the one's that you want.

skidzy 19:53 02 Jan 2007

What are the Norton programs you would like to keep,is it something like Systemworks and Goback ?

Like strawballs has said uninstall everything using the Norton removal tool suggested by anskyber,run ccleaner click here then reboot.
Then install the ones you would like to keep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?