Uninstall issue

Yimbo 18:21 09 Aug 2008

I want to completely uninstall System Mechanic 7.
Add/Remove programs window on my XP Home tells me that it cannot uninstall because "the uninstall log file is in a format not recognised by this version of the uninstaller" Would deleting the Registry entry for SM 7 have the effect of a complete uninstall - or merely create further problems?

awest3 18:32 09 Aug 2008

you might want to download Revo uninstaller, its free and a fantastic utility...it also gets rid of all the other bits that a normal uninstall leaves behind.

click here

awest3 18:35 09 Aug 2008

sorry wrong link

click here

Yimbo 20:26 09 Aug 2008

Your first "Click here", awest3, takes me to Revo's Home page - but your second, corrected one, gives me "Internet Explorer cannot display this page". Do you know why? I can get all other web pages? Thanks for your help!

awest3 22:02 09 Aug 2008

try this one...not sure why the other link did not work....did not for me either...

click here

Yimbo 15:58 10 Aug 2008

Thanks awest3, I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and set it to work. I tried the "Moderate" and "Advanced" levels. However, I'm still getting the same error message as I outlined above. Where to go from here? Any further help would be much appreciated!

rawprawn 16:27 10 Aug 2008

Try reinstalling it and then use Revo uninstaller.

awest3 19:13 10 Aug 2008

I'd do as Rawprawn suggests....come back if still no joy..

Yimbo 17:09 11 Aug 2008

Thanks awest3 and rawprawn! Your advice did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?