Uninstall IE8?

Molly_Don 15:03 26 Jun 2009

I've installed the latest MS updates IE8 being it, I don't like it (I'm a novice, so simple suites me) I prefer what I had before, how do I get rid of all that's just been installed?

Technotiger 15:11 26 Jun 2009

Use click here to uninstall. If you are prompted to re-start your computer in the early stages DO NOT re-start, let Revo continue. When you get the option to Select All and to Delete, DO SO (do not be picky - accept Revo's choices). You may get this same option twice, do the same again. You will finally get the option to click on Finish, do so and then re-start your computer.

gengiscant 15:18 26 Jun 2009

Or,go to control panel/programs in the top left hand click on View installed updates, scroll down to Windows internet explore 8 and double click.
It will uninstall and revert back to IE 7.

T I M B O 15:23 26 Jun 2009

Or failing that, do a system restore. Then make sure you don't have automatic updates on & be sure to block that update for IE8.

Best of luck !!

Molly_Don 15:23 26 Jun 2009

Hi Tech

Many thx, OK, I've installed Revo and under Revo insatller I selected IE8, I think it's uninstalled it now.

Within Revo Unistaller programmes when I roll the mouse over IE it's now showing "7" as yet I've not rebooted, is there anythig I need to check before I reboot?

Technotiger 15:28 26 Jun 2009

No, if you have followed my instructions above, just re-boot. You will then have IE7 back.

T I M B O 15:29 26 Jun 2009

Make sure you don't have automatic updates on & be sure to block that update for IE8.

Molly_Don 15:32 26 Jun 2009

"Make sure you don't have automatic updates on & be sure to block that update for IE8"

How do I do that? I've always had auto updates on I just don't want IE8

Molly_Don 16:03 26 Jun 2009

Thx for the help, I've got IE7 back now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?