Uninstall help needed

Chris Clayton 19:03 04 Apr 2007

My mobile phone computer software has got damaged and will not work (Alcatel phone is recognised but cannot communicate between phone and computer). I need to uninstall the Alcatel software in order to reinstall it but cannot do so. This is because the damage to it means it does not appear in Add / Remove Programs, nor in a prog called Your Uninstaller. There are folders with the program in and it can be launched, all seems Ok up to the point of communicating via USB. When I try to install the software again I get message saying old prog must be removed first. How can I do this?

clayto

VoG II 19:05 04 Apr 2007

Try click here Tools > Uninstaller.

Chris Clayton 20:00 04 Apr 2007

I have clicked on this link to CC (which I have) but cannot find 'tools or uninstller' ?

VoG II 20:09 04 Apr 2007
  Chris Clayton 20:13 04 Apr 2007

My apologies, I see what you mean. This did not register with me because I have tried the CC uninstall 'tool' in the past and not found it any better than add / remove. Still true. I have installed the new version of CC but as before the Uninstall Tool simply does not show the Alcatel Suite of Progs which I need to uninstall ---- they are on the computer but not listed.

clayto

Technotiger 21:27 04 Apr 2007

Hi, when I read this thread I was interested because I had an identical problem, though with a different program than yours. I followed VoG™'s link and it worked for me, (after I had been struggling for no less than five hours) - so my thanks go to you, I hope you get yours sorted - and my thanks go to VoG™ for his link!!

VoG II 21:33 04 Apr 2007

Try this click here

It won't actually uninstall anything but it removes the entries from the registries.

Chris Clayton 13:33 08 Apr 2007

The CleanUp Tool did not work, as again it did not list the Alcatel software as being present (even though it was). However I managed to remove it with RegEdit (first time I have used this tool, so a bit apprehensive about it). Unfortunately I still cannot get the phone to communicate with my Laptop via USB (which also seems to mean I cannot reinstall the software). I am trying to contact Alcatel for help, but so far have not found them easy to access.

clayto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone