uninstall advice please

Head hurts 08:11 20 Jul 2007

i have a new pc running vista and my laptop has been recently reinstalled is running xp. i need to install sony sonic stage software on my laptop to run my sony nw-a1000 as i cannot get windows media player to manage the files. when i last had sonic stage on my xp machine it caused all sorts of problems culminating in me uninstalling sonic stage or did i because on reinstalling sonic stage it found all my details and music again which is not what i wanted so i went into search mode and removed what i thought would be the rest of sonic stage but no still things lingered amongst xp. so to run my mp3 player i need sonic stage but i wondered if anyone can advise if there is any uninstall software that i can install which will do a better job of getting rid of sonic stage should i wish to. any advice much appreciated.

birdface 08:22 20 Jul 2007

Googled. click here Hope you can find something in there that will help.

rawprawn 08:23 20 Jul 2007

Try running this click here both
Cleaner and Issues

Technotiger 08:24 20 Jul 2007

You could try the Uninstaller in CCleaner click here

You can find Uninstaller in Tools (on the left).

Head hurts 08:47 20 Jul 2007

thanks for the links and it was useful to know that if problems persist sony can send me an uninstaller (why not get it right first time) i have crap cleaner and did try to uninstall via this but it did not work. it seems sony are so paranoid about copy protection they bury it deeply into the pc. if i could use media player or something else i would but as yet have not found anything. sonic stage does work albeit very slowly and troublesome at times but with over 1000 songs on my player regretably i need it. so in short need to probably use sony uninstaller or find a really good uninstall programme. thanks for the advice thus far though.

crosstrainer 08:50 20 Jul 2007

Software is flaky, and although I got rid of my Sony mp3 player, I remember that they admitted defeat, and replaced it with a previous version....

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called anyone?

birdface 09:02 20 Jul 2007

Have you tried using this, click here It normally plays any type of Dvd.

Head hurts 09:25 20 Jul 2007

crosstrainer the sonic mp3 player came with connect software which is what they admitted defeat on and suggested sony users change to sonic stage software. thanks buteman for the advice and i will try this but the problem is i will probably have to install sonic stage first because whenever i have used anything other than sonic stage on disconnection of the mp3 player and restarting the library on the music player does not install so i then have to reconnect and use sonic stage. sony seem to make users reliant on their useless software the hardware may be good but software is useless i have other mp3 players and they nearly all can be connected sync and drag and drop very quick and stress free but not sony. i have been putting off installing sonic stage since my laptop was reinstalled with xp but will shortly have to admit defeat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?