Unidentified Program running at start up

nonogrob29 15:34 23 Jul 2007

A program called {DF4DDDE1-F540=11D2-9540-0040052FC4F9} runs every time I start up my Win XP Home PC. It does not appear to be malign and ending it simply removes for the current session but it restarts on booting up.

Can anyone help tell me what this is, good or bad. Googling it has not helped me answer this.

Pine Man 15:43 23 Jul 2007

If you do a Google search you will find loads about this. I've had a quick look but it doesn't appear to have been identified.

Pine Man 15:44 23 Jul 2007

Sorry - I only read the first para of your thread. After I posted my answer I saw the last line. Dohhh!

nonogrob29 09:22 15 Aug 2007

My thanks are due to those who responded so quickly & my apologies for being late in reply. By chance I discovered that this application has to do with the One Touch Zerox Scanner 2400 process software, Onetouch.exe, I have. I rarely use the scanner but the default setting seems to run the application in Start Up. By disabling in Startup the matter seems to be resolved.
Others have asked about this program but as far as I checked, noone was able to resolve - I can now see why!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?