Unidentified Error Message

johnincrete 05:48 14 Jan 2010

In the last two days, I have been getting an error message popping up every 5 minutes or so.
"Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author"
So, I thought, lets look at task manager to see what is running. There are 3 .exe processes that have increasing I/O writes: Isass.exe Svchost.exe and Service.exe. Two showed intermittent CPU non-zero entries: spoolsv.exe and System (no .exe)
I scanned using Spyware Doctor with Antivirus and it found nothing.
Any ideas what I might do to identify what is trying to unpack and hence who the author is?

Mark5001 08:20 14 Jan 2010

Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author.

Reinstall your antivirus program such as Spyware Doctor with Antivirus etc. This happne when you perform upadte from Microsoft Windows Update. Update is OK only you have to reinstall your antivirus program so that new update is recogonised by the antivirus program. Unistall anti virus programm from add/remove programs. Go to antivirus program's web site (such as pctools.com for spyware doctor) download antivirus software and install (before uninstall write down your product licence by clicking on antivirus program help menu about so that if you have it if new downloaded softwares asks it)
Peform smart update after downloading and your error is gone. Hope it help. You dont have to install and reinstall antivirus whenever you perform windows update. It happnes once in while. So dont worry you dont have virus. Error is due to misunderstanding between programs Hope it help.

johnincrete 16:15 19 Feb 2010

Thanks. Did as you suggest & it solved the problem. Ironicly, got a need to update email from Spyware Doctor which said to do exactly as you suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache