Uniblue Driver Scanner

musopoet 15:50 21 Jun 2009

Has anyone heard of or downloaded this piece of kit?

It scans your system for out of date drivers and then updates them - too good to be true?

Let me know...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:30 21 Jun 2009

True but it will cost you for the updated drivers.

musopoet 19:13 21 Jun 2009

Ok; Cheers, Fruitbat

You may wish to check out this link:

click here

You gave me some good advice on the same problem recently and would appreciate any more assistance you could provide...

Thanks

ianeon 05:03 22 Jun 2009

My son uses this programme - It runs perfectly well with XP Pro. The only strange thing is it says that all his drivers are up to date, possibly they are, but he has never updated his drivers sinces buying the PC.

musopoet 13:51 23 Jun 2009

But updated drivers?! Surely I could download updated drivers from the respective websites for free?

Muergo 16:20 23 Jun 2009

I have used Drivermax for updating, it's a bit complicated and because it's free you can only download two a day, but you get a choice of many different ones in all languages!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:58 23 Jun 2009

Surely I could download updated drivers from the respective websites for free?

Yes

But uniblue charge you for the privilige of cheking your drivers and checking for updates.

musopoet 19:22 23 Jun 2009

Okay; I had my drivers checked and now I know what to update. Sounds like Uniblue could be used simply to check out outdated drivers.

On this subject - is the updating of drivers that neccessary if the software you're working with is fine?

citadel 19:33 23 Jun 2009

I only update graphics card drivers for improvement in games the rest last forever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?