Off to uni... need help with speakers!

woodbexhill 18:26 12 Sep 2006

Ok so I'm off to Uni in under 2 weeks and I want to get my nice Logitech 5.1's set up for my laptop. They're currently plugged into my desktop machine which has 2 audio ouputs and a mic input which is reversed to allow me to have three outputs. So we have centre speaker in one, back speakers in the other ouput, and the front two and subwoofer in the standard output.

On my laptop I have three audio connectsion. I have a symbol like this (((-)))-->, one like this ((( )))--- and then a standard mic output.

So I basically need to be able to have all of my three audio connections on my laptops as audio outputs. Currently only the first connection provides an audio output.

I have a Sound Effect manager in my Control Panel but there is no option for altering what my connections actually do - would I need to download a new version of this software, if so, where could I download this from?

Also, would updated drivers give me this added functionality, and if so where would I get these specific drivers from?

Any other information would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?