Unfinalised Audio CDs

figurian 22:10 05 May 2003

I decided to copy just two MP3 songs to CD audio (ie CDA) with NERO 5.5 but left the CD not finalised so that in future I may add more songs to this CD hopefully. The CD was playable on any Hi-Fi. But later, when I tried to add more songs, the response was always that the CD was not empty and wouldn't be accepted. When I checked the 'Medium information' available option it say so that the CD has lot of space yet! Am I missing some settings??

Thanks in advance for your help.

AndySD 22:24 05 May 2003

In the nero wizard are you setting it tp Continue multisession?

User-312386 22:28 05 May 2003

the CD had to have been finalised for it to be played.

figurian 22:34 05 May 2003

First of all thanks for your reply.

If I remember so I tried to find this multisession option on the 'Audio CD copy' wizard but it actually doesn't exist. It exist for other types of copies example Data etc.

TOMMO01 00:59 06 May 2003

Multisession cds that contain AUDIO is not possible.

Audio can be recorded to CDR bit by bit but MUST BE LEFT OPEN - do not close the session.

When you are happy with the content of the audio cd - FINALISE the disk.

figurian 21:26 06 May 2003

TOMMO01

When you say to record bit by bit, do you mean a song at a time? Also another thing is that I'm sure that I' checked off the option 'Finalize CD' that is, didn't close the session.

Thanks for now.

TOMMO01 22:41 06 May 2003

Yes - bit by bit means song by song.

Generally - I find it a lot easier to compile all my tracks in a folder on the hard drive, when I have enough I simply burn the disk and select Finalise disk.

Keep it simple.

figurian 20:55 07 May 2003

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Figurian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?