unexplained spyware notification

Barnacarry 12:26 27 Jan 2009

I have just connected to the internet and this came up - click here={057F8430-8484-4663-B5A6-0487E5D50C06}
I immediately closed the internet and scanned my drive with Superantispyware and found nothing. Any ideas why I received this?

birdface 12:39 27 Jan 2009

Not sure if Superantispyware has full time protection or not.Maybe found something and stopped it downloading.or maybe just advert to make you pay for better protection.it will be interesting to see if others get the same notification.

Barnacarry 12:58 27 Jan 2009

I have the free version which does not have realtime connection but out of interest I searched for the first DLL - TGYQXHVK.DLL - on my computer, inc. hidden files, but I don't appear to have that one.
It just seemed strange that when I first opened Firefox, instead of getting the usual Blank Page, the Superantisapyware page loaded.

birdface 13:11 27 Jan 2009

Probably a sales ploy to get you to pay for the Pro Version.I do not have Superantispyware so not sure if they are sending it to all users or not.You could always try Malwarebytes free edition if you are still worried.But I would wait and see if you get information from others.

Barnacarry 14:21 27 Jan 2009

Thanks buteman. I've never had any problems with this software before so I'll carry on using it and see if anything else happens. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017