Unexplained sent mail

State Security 11:54 30 Mar 2003

I have a brand new PC running WinXP and Outlook Express.

This morning I see that I've sent two e-mails that I have no knowledge about - one to [email protected], the other to [email protected]. Both look like web questionnaire forms, viz:

R001A=3
V002A=
L002A=7
V003A=
R003A=4
R004A=2
R005A=1
submit=submit

but I haven't visited either web site today - in fact, there doesn't even seem to be web sites with matching addresses!

Have I got a Trojan or some other nasty infection?

I have done a full system scan with Norton AV with new definitions and it found nothing.

Belatucadrus 12:04 30 Mar 2003

Have you entered any web competitions or filled out any brand awareness surveys like click here ?

State Security 12:37 30 Mar 2003

You're right, I DID do the PCA Brand Awareness survey - but on another PC (one at work, in fact) - and surely PCA wouldn't allow this sort of piggy-backing???

Belatucadrus 13:52 30 Mar 2003

Anybody from PCA care to confirm who is handling the survey analysis, I'm sure it isn't done in house, as it's probably contracted out it I wouldn't think of it as piggy backing.As it has the look of a survey entry and worm viruses tend to send to addresses already in the outlook address book. I suspect this is it. It would still be a good idea to run an anti virus/trojan scan to be sure. click here

AndySD 13:56 30 Mar 2003

Ad-Aware click here

spuds 15:06 30 Mar 2003

Recently I have been getting more alarm blocks, when I connect to the PCA site.Perhaps nothing to worry about (;o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone