Undo Bios changes?

Dalglish2 12:30 16 Oct 2010

Hi
My desktop xp home sp3 was repaired recently and resulted in bios changes being made. Whilst the pc is now usable for Internet , a new fault has developed which I've posted on a previous post. Is when USB connection made ESP iTunes and my iPhone I get the bsod.

The repairer who i can no longer contact or locate, made changes to the bios and these I think have resulted in the USB problem.
My question is can I do a restore of these changes? I've tried a system restore but the system refuses to restore itself to an earlier restore point!
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:56 16 Oct 2010

Can you "restore" the BIOS?

No in the way you are thinking of as the BIOS has no way of remembering an old set of instructions.
You can can settings in the BIOS back to what you had before if you know exactly what those settings were.

I suggest you reboot press the appropriate key to enter "setup" at the message (depending on the machine this is usually keys like F2 Del or Esc)

You need to navigate to the settings for the boot order and make sure that boot from USB devices is disabled.

gengiscant 13:25 16 Oct 2010

You can certainly reset the bios to factory settings.
As 'Fruit Bat /\0/\' says you will need to press the necessary key to access the bios and reset, but I very much doubt if your problem lies there.
Is your iphone the only cause of USB BSOD's?
Are you saying that itunes causes a BSOD?
Is itunes fully up tp date?
Have you tried reinstalling itunes?

Dalglish2 20:16 16 Oct 2010

Thanks both. Have reinstalled iTunes and all is now well
Many thanks

woodchip 20:36 16 Oct 2010

Only thing that would change it, is as its USB look at USB settings in BIOS. Enable all USB then Save and Exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?