Undo 'Always use this program etc

Picklefactory 09:52 14 Nov 2008

Morning folks.
I just updated my phone software and it has added a Pictbridge feature. Plugged into pc (XP) via USB cable, XP recognised and installed hardware normally and gave me a choice of programs to use, MS Office Scanning came up as top of the list. Now MS Off Scan, doesn't recognise the Pictbridge thing, OK, I could try a different option if I hadn't stupidly checked the box to always use this program for this feature. How do I undo that again to regain my selection of choices?

Technotiger 10:36 14 Nov 2008

Save the file you are trying to open, to your desktop. Then right click on the file and choose open with. Then click on choose file. Then find the program you want to open the file with and click on it.

Picklefactory 10:47 14 Nov 2008

Okey doke, sorted it.
I let it alarm out and left alarm on screen, then when I checked Explorer, Pictbridge was present and managed to change default program from there.

Thanks Technotiger.

Now that I'm seeing it working, I'm struggling to think of any advantage it gives me over just transferring files. It's only for printing pictures from my phone anyway, and I already have no problem transferring them straight in and printing from pc.

Thanks anyway Mr Sony Ericsson, but a bit a white elephant.

Resolved.

Technotiger 10:48 14 Nov 2008

OK - thanks for your feedback. Don't forget the Green-tick ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?