Undelivered mail not sent by me

Littlesirecho 08:06 12 Sep 2004

I am getting undelivered messages "returned" to my in box that I didn't send. There are about 4 types: Delivery status notification (failure), Returned mail (see transcript for details), Undeliverable and Message you sent blocked by our bulk e mail filter. I didn't send any of them. They are all from different addresses. I don't know these people. They are not in my address book. I have tried all the things I can think of -deleted temporary internet files, Adaware, Spybot and I've just done AVG free version scan. Can anyone please help before I get swamped with even greater numbers tomorrow.

Jeffers22 08:58 12 Sep 2004

It's a fairly common occurrence in fact. Your email address is being spoofed by a spammer in the send field of spam he/she/it is sending. It has happened to me a few times and with a bit of luck the pattern for you will be similar in that it'll go on for a couple of days then die out.

Littlesirecho 09:58 12 Sep 2004

Thanks Jeffers, I had a similar thing some time back. I would get a copy of the same e mail, from a German address, about 15 or 20 times. This time, they are all different messages, 1 each. Last time, it died out, as you suggest this will. Nothing to do but wait then?

Patr100 10:03 12 Sep 2004

It's either Spam or a virus. Just delete and don't open.

Littlesirecho 10:10 12 Sep 2004

Thanks Patr100, I've been deleting without opening. There's 100s of 'em!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?