Unable to view data saved on CD-R n CD-RW in W98

Ben Chuud 02:30 03 May 2003

I had a CD-R and a CD-RW disc, I saved some data on these 2 disk when the operating system on my PC was W98SE. I could access/view the data no problems. Recently I upgraded the operating system to W2K. Now when I insert the CD's in the PC, I get error if I want to format the CD's. I am unable to access or view the data on these 2 CD's.

What have I done wrong. Pls help

powerless 02:35 03 May 2003

You may need this click here

Ben Chuud 02:57 03 May 2003

Powerless,

Have downloaded the file, will give it a ago and revert.. Thanks

Ben Chuud 20:37 03 May 2003

Powerless,

I donwnloaded the program on a floppy disk, took it home and loaded it on my PC. My PC can now read the CD-RW disk, however after rebooting, it has stopped recognising my floppy drive/disk. The floppy disk that had the downloaded program is not not being read. I get the response do you want to format the floppy. It appears I have fixed the problem with the CDRW drive and have a new problem now with my floppy drive. Please advise how do our resolve this problem with the flopy drive where I have a disk with a program that I downloaded to fix the CD-RW problem is now being asked if I want it formatted..No, I don't, I just want to access it as I have other data on it.

powerless 08:03 04 May 2003

Go to > start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Now find your floppy drive in the list and remove it.

Now reboot the machine and windows will find it and hopefully that will sort it.

Ben Chuud 00:30 05 May 2003

Powerless,

OK will do as you suggested and will revert how I get on... Thanks for your help so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone