unable to use sites

col553 23:30 03 May 2008

I have a problem with sites like moneysupermarket. When i am trying to say select an airport from a box, when i click on the boxes they are blank. this hapens on other sites the same. I have also noted that on some site the print size is larger than normal. What have i done to get thesr problems and can i get my computer back to the way it was. Thanks

tullie 23:51 03 May 2008

So,is every site the same?Ssaying sites like moneysupermarket,whatever that is,doesent tell us a lot.

birdface 09:32 04 May 2008

Maybe update your flash program and Java to latest.

col553 10:16 04 May 2008

I have updated flash and java but still the same. The problem is with a lot of the sites i use to search things and it is when i need to select things but the boxes are nearly all empty.I am a novice with computers and have even tried system restore but it will not allow me to select and dates to restore to. I am using Xp pro. I did not get the disc when i bought the computer. Any help would be great. Thanks

birdface 11:27 04 May 2008

If you are using IE7 you could try .tools.Internet Options .Advanced. And press reset.You would loose any add-ons that you have but you can always put them back later.Now that is what you do with XP home .not sure if it is the same with Pro.Or you could download FireFox and use that instead of IE.And see if that works Ok.You could try system restore in safe mode[just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts and see if it works on there.Or try .Tools.Internet Options.Security.Reset all zones to default level.Apply.Ok.Only other thing that I can think of would be your Firewall.What Firewall are you using and how old is your computer.

brundle 11:58 04 May 2008

Sounds as though Javascript is what needs re-installing, not quite the same thing as Java. click here

col553 08:33 05 May 2008

I have re-installed Jarvascript but still the same problems. I enabled Windows update only to find that my windows XP is not legal.Any sugestions. My wife has a laptop from work, it had Xp installed but in the case was a unopened Xp Pro disc with all the serial numbers unused, can i install this on my computer. The only thing is that the disc says its for her make of laptop. Will this make any difference to me putting it on my computer. One other thing is the problems i am having extend to this site, some of the text overlaps others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?