Unable to use " send to email " using Office 2007

Graham-1434985 21:36 18 Mar 2010

When I select 'send to email' using any Office 2007 programme Outlook doesn't launch ( It is not already open). Task manager shows Outlook.exe process running but it just hangs and will not open. Outlook cannot be opened from desktop and Outlook.exe has to be removed using task manager and then restarted.
Also the office 2007 programme will not close giving an error message that it is sending a message via e mail
Send to email does work if Outlook is already open.
I have checked PC Advisors forums and the problem was raised in December 2008 but was not resolved. I have tried numerous forums and possible solutions to no avail.
I am using Vista and have installed all service packs and updates.
Any advice please?

Woolwell 21:47 18 Mar 2010

As far as I am aware Outlook 2007 doesn't automatically launch when you use "send to e-mail". It seems to remain in outbox until Outlook is opened. This is certainly what happens on my Vista machine.
It can happen that Outlook doesn't close properly and a "hidden" prog remains running and is listed under processes. I have found that this used to happen when I had a mobile phone, operating Windows Mobile, still connected which had synced with Outlook.
I think you need to check what is keeping Outlook open in the background and possible run MS Office diagnostics and see if it finds any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?