Unable to use IE with AOL 9.0

johno 20:26 16 Jun 2004

I use AOL 9 & for some reason I am unable to use IE with AOL at all. All i get is "The page cannot be displayed" message constantly. I have contacted AOL & run through all of their suggestions, updated IE to the latest versions, updated Win XP, rest IE to the default settings & uninstalled & reinstalled IE. Still unable to view websites via IE. Has anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks John

Andrew P 20:54 16 Jun 2004

Try checking the parental controls and make sure that they are set at General (18+) for the screen name concerned to allow external browsers access to the internet through AOL.

Andrew P :o)

johno 21:08 16 Jun 2004

The parental controls are set to general 18+ with access to everything. It should in theory allow me anywhere!
Any other thoughts?

Djohn 21:12 16 Jun 2004

Click on file and make sure that work off line is un-ticked.

johno 21:30 16 Jun 2004

Off line is unticked. Still nothing

Djohn 01:51 17 Jun 2004

click here wait for the page to redirect you to the Microsoft site. also this one for updates to Explorer. click here I've had a look at a couple of sites and it appears to be a problem that M/S are aware of and both the above links will provide a download fix from Microsoft. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?