unable use add/remove to uninstal demo

Cesare 16:40 29 Aug 2006

I have 'Call of Duty Demo' and now also 'Microsoft Flight SimulatorX demo' which are apparently with errors and add/Remove cannot uninstall them. Strange that the later,FSX is shown in add/remove as 19.40MB while the whole demo was 636MB.
Is there some free software that can clear these faulty demos please ? I tried cCleaner but that also could not do it. Going to the registry gives me the creeps, so that's off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 29 Aug 2006

Have they not got there own uninstallers on the start menu?

You could delete the relevant folders then use REgscrubXP click here to clean the registry

User-312386 17:16 29 Aug 2006

re-install the demo's, then pop the disc or double the .exe and there should be a remove option in the installer

Cesare 17:26 29 Aug 2006

Both demos were download so I have no disk. I tried to use their own uninstaller, but the result is same as when I use add/remove. They stop half way and the window goes off. I deleted the main downloaded files and cleaned up with Registry Mechanic. Both demos still show in add/remove and on my All Programs list.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 29 Aug 2006

Delete from start menu all programs and
Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall, and remove any unwanted keys under "Uninstall."

Note: This setting can also be changed with TweakUI.

Cesare 17:39 29 Aug 2006

OK will try it

Cesare 17:42 29 Aug 2006

How is it done with TweakUI please ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 29 Aug 2006

How is it done with TweakUI please ?

click here

If that doesn't work then Windows Installer Cleanup Utility click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?