Unable uninstal Nvidia drivers

Cesare 07:51 03 Aug 2007

winXPsp2 have Nvidia driver Ver:93/71 for Geforce FX5200 card but it does not show under my ADD/REMOVE. I also tried under TOOLS in cCleaner..not there. How am I going to update my driver without uninstalling the present one? Any ideas please ?

Halmer 08:07 03 Aug 2007

over the top of existing Nvidia drivers without any problems.

Stuartli 08:34 03 Aug 2007

A comprehensive and well written guide to completely removing and then installing new nVidia drivers (there's also one for ATi) can be found at:

click here

Cesare 09:12 03 Aug 2007

Thanks.

keef66 15:26 03 Aug 2007

Same as Halmer; I have always simply updated Nvidia drivers without uninstalling first. That used to be Nvidia's advice, but maybe they have changed their minds??

Stuartli 15:50 03 Aug 2007

nVidia's advice has not, to the best of my knowledge, been to install new drivers without first removing the old drivers.

In fact that's why I originally acquired Drive Cleaner Pro (freeware) to remove all traces of nVidia, ATi or other graphics drivers.

nVidia's advice can be found at:

click here

keef66 16:07 03 Aug 2007

I'm probably showing my age here, but I do remember reading that advice on their website, when the consensus in these forums was to uninstall first

Cesare 06:32 04 Aug 2007

My question still remains: How do I uninstall the drivers if they do not show on the add/remove control panel ?

Cesare 10:40 04 Aug 2007

OK I found a way to get it back in ADD/REMOVE. I reinstalled the driver(overwritten).
Has anybody upgraded and tried the new Nvidia Driver Ver 162/71 July26,2007 yet please? Any problems?

Stuartli 10:47 04 Aug 2007

You'll find various latest nVidia driver versions here:

click here

By going through the graphics cards listing on each driver's download page, you'll find the particular graphics cards models that they support.

Mind you when I had an nVidia graphics card of one flavour or another, the drivers were backwards compatible (a claim that nVidida still makes on its website).

Cesare 10:59 04 Aug 2007

I find that going on the Nvidia website is easier and safer to get to the right driver for your graphic card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?