unable to set up a wireless connection

uok 19:28 25 Feb 2009

I installed both a wireless router CD and wireless US adapter set-up CD, I have since uninstall them because of problems, but when I go to start/connect to/show all connections, there’s nothing there now, but if I go to device manager/network adapters there is 3 in there which all seem ok, how do I get them back?

One of the programs seems to have taken over from windows which I am now unable to get back!

thanking you in anticipation

mgmcc 16:24 26 Feb 2009

Forget the "Router CD" as that's irrelevant - all it does is to run a wizard to configure the router. A router isn't *INSTALLED* in a computer, either as hardware or as software, it is a network device to which a computer connects. If the router is already set up and working properly, you don't need the CD until the router needs to be configured again.

As regards the Wireless Network Adapter, if it is installed properly, it will appear in the list of Network Adapters in Device Manager *WITHOUT* any yellow question or exclamation marks to indicate a problem. If this is the case, you should also have an entry in the Network Connections folder for a "Wireless Network Connection". If there isn't a "Wireless Network Connection" shown, try uninstalling the adapter from within Device Manager, reboot, let Windows "find new hardware" and install it again.

uok 22:02 26 Feb 2009

to late mgmcc, i put the recovery disc in and took every thing back to factory settings,then installed the Wireless Network Adapter, and let windows find the router instead of installing the router cd, and Network Connections folder now shows all my network Connections including the Wireless Network Connection.

thanks for the reply

loopback 14:07 27 Jul 2009

hi here's a useful tutorial on how to create a wireless network at home.

click here

Good Luck!!!

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?