Unable to send emails

kingussie 02:26 17 Feb 2008

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Itinerary - Detailed - 1.CATTANACH/DOUGLAS MR 2.THOOWATSRI/CHUTIKAN MS', Account: 'pop3.demon.co.uk', Server: 'post.demon.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Demon SMTP service not available from 61.90.218.8', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

kingussie 02:29 17 Feb 2008

sorry this went off without my explanation...I am in Thailand and on wifi in hotel. I am able to receive emails and also can surf but am unable to send or reply to emails and I get the above message. If I go to my webmail I can send.
I have windows vista and IE and mail server is demon....any ideas

kingussie 03:32 17 Feb 2008

by the way I am using Windows mail and in uk I had no problem and only now has the problem arisen

johnnyrocker 08:02 17 Feb 2008

click here= might be of use

johnny.

Taff™ 10:50 17 Feb 2008

I think the problem is the outgoing mail server. You say that it is Demon but surely that`s your UK ISP provider. Out in Thailand the ISP for your hotel will be different and you need to temporarily change the outgoing server to the appropriate one.

For example I use Pipex at home but at another location they use Plusnet. When I`m there my incoming (POP3) remains the same but the outgoing (SMTP) changes to relay.plus.net to enable sending of messages from Outlook.

You need to ask at the hotel if they can provide you with the SMTP settings and whether the outgoing server needs authentication. (The tick box below the SMTP settings)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?