unable to send e-mails

Rubia 12:33 30 Jan 2006

I can receive e-mails ok but when I try to send one I get the following message each time:-

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'wanderers return', Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 [email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have checked all the settings suggested by the Wanadoo help site but they seem ok.
Sometimes when I turn off the computer and switch on after a while they get sent !!

Any ideas ?? Thanks

dms05 13:29 30 Jan 2006

Does your outgoing SMTP server need authorisation?

steven_frost 15:27 30 Jan 2006

Stupid question who is your ISP

recap 15:49 30 Jan 2006
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 30 Jan 2006

If you get an error, "Relay Access Denied" like this:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mail.riseup.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 @revolt.org>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Then the problem is probably that you do not have your mail client configured to authenticate to the outgoing mail server.

How to configure depends on what ou are using Outlook express click here

Rubia 16:48 30 Jan 2006

ISP is Wanadoo.
followed up on fruit bat's suggestion but Wanadoo says it does not support it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone