unable to see my yahoo e-mail messages

Nos Bigkin 20:28 02 Feb 2007

Hi all,

Just tried to check my yahoo e-mail account which all appeared ok until i tried to open any messages. The messages opened ok but there was no contents there. I even checked older saved messages and again no contents.

Last night i decided to install the free AVG antispyware and tonight installed the free AVG virus protection. Do you think this could have anything to do with it?

Regards
Nos

Fateful Shadow 21:33 02 Feb 2007

Hey Nos =]

Firstly, how do you check your e-mail messages? Do you do this online (via a program like Internet Explorer) or do you use a client such as Outlook or Outlook Express?

AVG *may* cause this, but more info needs to be given =]

Nos Bigkin 21:48 02 Feb 2007

Hi, Fateful Shadow,

I check my e-mails on-line through the internet explorer. Sorry to be abit vague but pretty new to this.

Nos

p;3 22:11 02 Feb 2007

what do you see when you open your server? are there messages IN your in box on server?

tammer 22:57 02 Feb 2007

You could try the old trusty - delete your history, cache (temporary internet files), cookies etc. then try your yahoo emails again? You do this under Tools - Internet Options - Browsing History.

And do you have an old version of IE or are you using v6 or v7 - which should work ok?

p;3 23:24 02 Feb 2007

of interest, what antivirus program WERE you running before you installed AVG (you have not got TWO av programs installed?)and have you got the 7.5 version ?

Nos Bigkin 12:48 03 Feb 2007

Firstly thank you everyone for taking the time to respond to me plea for help!!!

I done what 'tammer' suggested and everything appears to be fine again.

Once again many thanks.

Nos

ps. im starting to enjoy this computer lark now so expect alot more 'absolute beginner' questions.

p;3 15:40 03 Feb 2007

ask as many questions as you like ; on this forum there is no such thing as a dalft question; the only dalft thing is NOT to ask it!!

Nos Bigkin 12:16 04 Feb 2007

many thanks, p;3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?