Unable to scroll when using gmail

ponytail 22:28 08 Oct 2013

I have been using my gmail account and when I was in the in box was unable to scroll because the arrow at the bottom was hidden by the task bar so I could not use it.This has happened on some other sites as well.The task bar always was hidden and just appeared when I located the cursor in the bottom corner.I can use the arrow when I am using PCA anyone got any ideas.My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate

AroundAgain 23:03 08 Oct 2013

I'm just wondering if the setting for the task bar has changed. I'm thinking that perhaps - if you normally have the task bar hidden and only showing when you take your cursor to the lower edge of the screen, you will have your window(s) sitting lower on the screen. It sounds like the task bar is now always showing, meaning you can't get to the bottom of the window.

Maybe try checking the settings - take cursor to bottom of screen to show the task bar, right click on task bar, click Properties, put tick in AutoHide Task Bar, click Apply, OK.

If that hasn't solved it, then hopefully someone will come along with a better idea.

Cheers

ponytail 07:42 09 Oct 2013

Hi AroundAgain Thanks for that it worked fine I have recently had some work done on my laptop and it went back to factory settings that probably was what caused it.Thanks Again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?