unable to save copies in word 2003

royboxer 13:53 02 Mar 2005

I am running a pc using XP I've recently installed office 2003 professional. i am unable to save copiesanywhere but my documents. When I try to save to my kingston data traveller I get this error message, "cannot copy" file name" The directory or file cannot be created" The data traveller is not full. Access is available to all in permissions.

royboxer 14:00 02 Mar 2005

I can save to a floppy disc

Jeffers22 14:11 02 Mar 2005

When I attach my USB travelling disk, Word will only offer it as a "save as" location if Word was started after the disk was plugged in.

So, plug it in, then start Word and open tools menu, select options. Go to the file locations tab. Hit the modify button and type in the precise path to your device. If Word was opened after USB disk plugged in and XP beeps, the removeable disk will be offered as a location from the My Computer level of the "save as" options. It might be as well to create a folder on the USB device first and include that folder in the path.

royboxer 08:55 03 Mar 2005

Thanks for that jeffers now when i try to save to the traveller i get the message that it might be full or write protected. It definitely isn't full and I don't know about write protection

Jeffers22 09:34 03 Mar 2005

They often have a tiny little switch to provide a lock or write protect. Usually it is on the side near one end.

royboxer 12:49 04 Mar 2005

Thanks for your help tried all that still unable to save to the usb traveller. I can save anywhere else on PC including floppies. When i modify the save as file in options it gives the G:\ but still won't let me save to it. I contacted Kingston and they say it must be a problem with office 2003 as it works on other pc's running different versions of office

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?