Unable To Restore TrueImage To New Drive

gldni007 18:17 13 Aug 2009

My primary drive failed, I have a backup image on a secondary drive. So I replaced the failed drive with a new drive but when I use the TrueImage boot cd to restore the image to the new drive, that drive is not shown as an available restore location. All I see is my secondary drive. Why?

GaT7 18:25 13 Aug 2009

Probably because it's not formatted at all, or not formatted to the same file structure?

So try formatting the drive to NTFS (or FAT32/other) as the case may be, & try the running the restoration again. G

lotvic 18:31 13 Aug 2009

SATA or IDE?
is it a brand new drive that needs to be 'added' etc and formatted?

Which version of acronis TrueImage are you using?
Is it a 'full' acronis TrueImage CD that you are booting with? (full as opposed to short version)

gldni007 18:43 13 Aug 2009

I had formatted the new SATA drive but I must have overlooked the structure. I first restored an old Ghost image that I had, then when I booted using TrueImage it now showed the new primary drive. I was able to restore the TrueImage backup image to the new drive. Thanks for all your suggestions.

gldni007 18:46 13 Aug 2009

BTW, I use TrueImage 2009 Home version and was booting off the boot CD you create with the TrueImage software.

lotvic 22:18 13 Aug 2009

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the feedback on how you did it, that could help someone else who gets the same problem :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?