Unable to Remove program using add & remove.

Meshuga 21:34 16 Mar 2006

In add and remove I have program Dan Elwells speed test which I want to remove but it says I can`t as it doesn`t exist. I have run a search and it says nothing found. How can I remove the entry in add and remove please. OS is XPhome.

skidzy 21:37 16 Mar 2006

Have you tried the Ccleaner uninstaller click here

Meshuga 21:42 16 Mar 2006

Hi skidzy, I do run ccleaner regularly. When you say cc uninstaller do you mean that there is a specific function in cc or is there only the normal "Run cleaner"

skidzy 21:48 16 Mar 2006

Open Ccleaner > Tools > look for the program you would like to uninstall,click on it...uninstall or run uninstaller

Meshuga 21:51 16 Mar 2006

skidzy, after my last post I found what you referred to and ran uninstall but got the same reply ie cannot uninstall as it doesnt exist.

skidzy 21:52 16 Mar 2006

You may have some redundant registry paths left over from uninstalling,i would also suggest you run click here
Just click on your nearest location,download and run.You may already have this on your system.This is how i would try to remove the program first.

skidzy 21:55 16 Mar 2006

Do you have a shortcut on your desktop relating to the program,if so delete it.
This sounds like you may have previously deleted the program but it did not delete all the files.
If you have the program on disc,reload it then uninstall again and reboot.
One thing to mention,not all programs come with an uninstaller.

Meshuga 21:56 16 Mar 2006

skidzy, I have regclean, would that do, if not I will download regscrub.

VoG II 21:57 16 Mar 2006

Install click here then uninstall.

woodchip 22:02 16 Mar 2006

Go to Start\Run type Regedit after opening, go Edit in the Menu in the Find box type Dan Elwells press enter delete and confirm, then press F3 to search for next until you get to the end. Close Regedit when you get the done box, the above search should always be done by first clicking on the root My Computer Icon at the top before starting search so you get all

Meshuga 22:02 16 Mar 2006

Thank you VoG, I assume you mean download the complete program and then uninstall. Will try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone