Unable to remove Norton Security

Tracywt2 18:02 19 Jun 2010

Hi, Due to having my pc reverted back to factory settings I am now trying to set everything back up again. I usually use AVG Free but when I try to download this I get a message saying not recommended to download while Norton is present. I haven't loaded Norton, but it does come as a free trial with the PC. When we log on there is a screen that appears saying to continue the Norton Security installation process, and we close this because we don't want Norton. We are unable to delete Norton from program files as we get a message saying access denied. There is no clear uninstall icon we can find. Do we need to go through the setting up of Norton before we can delete the program? Or is there another way round this? Any help is very much appreciated

mfletch 18:12 19 Jun 2010

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product

click here

naineysman 18:18 19 Jun 2010

We've been running AVG free for a while now and usually its good enough, but we just lost 2 pc's to viruses and have now invested in Kaspersky as recommended by an IT friend.

Food for thought, although I'm sure other programmes will be as good/better.

tullie 18:52 19 Jun 2010

Download and save AVG or AVAST FREE,download the norton removal tool,go offline,remove Norton.Install your AV then connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017