Unable to remove border from photo printing

cgh 11:59 22 Nov 2009

I run windows vista home premium with an HP printer.
I spent nearly 90 mins on the phone and chatting to a HP help line assistant. This has not resolved the issue.
I have reloaded the disc made sure all the settings are correct done everything that I can think of without success. Previously the prints were ok and simply not able to understand why this has changed. Any help please?

howard64 12:12 22 Nov 2009

could your setting for page size have changed?

cgh 16:26 22 Nov 2009

Howard 64
Thanks for the reply the page settings are OK

woodchip 19:11 22 Nov 2009

The Printer as to be a Boardless printer, When you click print you the choose Properties of Printer and if its a Printer thats supports boardless there will be a check box you select to print like that. This may only work with Photo Card sizes not all may be supported like A4 may not be supported

Kevscar1 19:21 22 Nov 2009

What model printer

cgh 13:10 23 Nov 2009

Hi Kevscar

HP F2280 all in one printer

Hi Woodchip

Thank you for your reply aware of the issues and printer supports borderless but still the probelm persists

Peter 13:53 23 Nov 2009

I have found with some printers that certain facilities are only available in certain modes. By this I mean that you may be able to do Edge-to-Edge printing in Photo/High Quality mode, but not in Draft mode.

Try altering the setting in your printer driver and see if Edge-to-Edge printing becomes available.

It might be best to make a note of the present printer driver settings, or work on another copy of the printer driver, so that you can get back to where you are at present.

Peter.

BRYNIT 14:01 23 Nov 2009

I've just had a quick look at the instruction Manual from the HP web site and noticed.

"You cannot print a borderless image if the paper type is set to Plain paper or to a type of paper other than a photo paper".

Have you got the paper set correctly.

If you read chapter 7 it gives instructions on how to set to boarderless printing it may give help solve the problem.

cgh 14:19 23 Nov 2009

Thanks guys for all the replies. I have tried all the suggestions previously and still the problem
persists!!

CGH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?