Unable to register free software from June mag

aberfal 11:19 24 Apr 2006

I want to install the Map & Travel software that came withe June issue. I completed the registraion form about 10 days ago. The registration page stated that I would receive a registration number by email. I have not received a response, so I am unable to use this software. I have repeated the registration process twice more without success. Has anyone else had a problem? I can't see any way of contacting the software Company.

Belatucadrus 12:15 24 Apr 2006

Loaded mine last night, got the number back almost instantly.
Try sending them a message in their contact page click here see what they have to offer.

pj123 15:50 24 Apr 2006

Same as Belatucadrus. I just installed it got the registration number back instantly.

Unfortunately, I don't like it so it's coming off and I will stick with Autoroute.

Totally-braindead 15:58 24 Apr 2006

I also got the registration number almost immediatly, I too didn't like it too much.

Wuggy 16:19 24 Apr 2006

Is it possible that your ISP has a spam filter and the reply email is getting stopped there? It might be worth checking via their web mail (if you have that facility)to see if there's anything in your junk email folder.

johndrew 16:50 24 Apr 2006

I agree with Wuggy. When I registered mine, Wanadoo added the usual `SPAM` header to the message header.

RickyC :-) 17:08 24 Apr 2006

Hi aberfal,

I've checked with the developers and your registration was processed correctly. We're not sure why you didn't receive the email with the serial number, but please contact me directly if you haven't received the email I sent you earlier today.

kind regards
Richard
CD Editor

aberfal 17:46 24 Apr 2006

It was indeed my anti-spam facility which automatically trashed the incoming message. I have now registered . Thanks to all who replied

Totally-braindead 17:59 24 Apr 2006

Glad its sorted aberfal, could you please tick this thread as resolved. Little box down at the bottom.

aberfal 09:52 25 Apr 2006

All sorted. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?