Unable to reconnect network drives on login

Cola Bear 13:00 13 Nov 2007

Have home ofice network, 2 pc's and server running on Vista. One pc gets following message on login "could not reconnect all network drives" whilst other pc can connect straight away no problem. I can connect by inputting user name and password but bit of a drag each time. Presume there is something somewhere in user permissions or security that I can amend but I dont know where to look?

I would explain that the system was installed and set up by BT engineers and it takes an absolute age to get through and get any sense out of them.

recap 15:53 13 Nov 2007

Check the permissions in share and Security on the network drive for the user in question. These should be set to Allow.

Cola Bear 16:26 16 Nov 2007

Thanks for help but couldn't find where exactly how to do that so I opted to use another user account that was set up at the outset which does have permission to connect to network drives. Only problem is, that user account doesn't appear as first option when logging on, the original user account does! I know there is option of switching user at that point but I don't want to have to that each time, I'd like this new user account to be the default one that appears when switching the computer on. Not sure if all that makes sense, as I'm not particularly computer minded and have posted a new thread about changing default user accounts.

irishrapter 17:03 16 Nov 2007

Try setting both computers with the same user names and same passwords on each machine.

i.e if one computer has the users "Jim, Paul and Joe" create the same user names and passwords on the other computer and vice versa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?